Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Artifact bags

         After reading the article about Artifact bags, I began to think of different ways to use in a Social Studies classroom. I thought of one memory I had in my fifth grade classroom. We were learning about different countries and how people came to the United States. Our teacher had us bring in things that showed our heritage. I brought in a book that my Dad's side of the family had that told us all about where my family came from in Ireland. This project is something I have never forgotten because it taught me so much about my family. 

           After remembering this memory I decided that a great way to use artifact bags would be in a classroom. As a teacher I could bring in a few things that showed my heritage. Some ideas I had was the book I have about my family, an American and Irish flag, and a map of Ireland. I could also ask the student to bring in things to show their heritage. I think students would really enjoy this because it can also be a way for the students to get to know each other.  

I made a tagxedo to go along with some of my ideas. Check it out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment