Saturday, December 7, 2013

So many questions, not enough answers!

Yesterday in class, we did mock interviews for a teaching position. At first I did not know how these mock interviews would go. I was not sure what question our "principals" would ask, or how it would be. I was nervous about the types of questions that I would be asked. My biggest fear was that I would now know what the principal would be asking me. I actually think I handled the questions that were asked to me very well. One of the questions that I was asked was about how I would I get students involved in the classroom. My answer to this was that I would have all of my students participate in different warm up activities such as a SMART board activity. Hearing my peers answers to some of the questions was also beneficial because I was able to see their opinions on specific topics and how they would answer a particular question.  I think this experience was very eye opening because many schools do have different approaches to teaching and it is important to be familiar with all of the approaches.  This experience will help me in the next couple of years as I go on job interviews for real teaching positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment