Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A day in our classroom

So Monday, November 11th, we were back in our normal Social Studies Methods Classroom. Dr. S started the class by having everyone stand in a circle and pass around "the world".  When it came to your turn, you had to say what worries you about the world and how would you bring that into the classroom. My worry was that students do not learn very much about culture in the world, especially the different cultures their classmates can be. I would bring that into the classroom by having students do a project exploring their culture and they would present their project to the class. My peers had some other worries such as global warming, climate changes, world hunger and many more. I think as a class we came up with most of the topics that are important to the world. This was a very interesting activity and I learned a lot about what my peers thought were issues with the world.
The next thing we did in class was learn about a new classroom tool. It was called JogNog.com. There was pretest about geography. I definitely learned that their were many things that I did not know about geography. This quiz is a great way to pre-assess students knowledge about a particular topic. A teacher can even see the results the students get. I took the quizzes a few times to make sure I would get them all right and to help my memory of the geography terms I learned when I was in elementary school. I would love to explore this site more and learn more about what I can do with this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment