Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Happy Traders sing us a song

 
Direct Lesson

                This lesson was very well executed in front of the classroom. I loved how this group introduced their topic. Having the band come in and sing a song was a great idea. I think this really grabbed the students’ attention and helped them focus in. I also liked that this group did not use a PowerPoint like all of the other groups. They used a Prezi. Prezi is a great way to keep students engaged in what they are learning because it is different than what is normally presented in a classroom. I really liked how the teachers made sure they were projecting their voices and followed the steps to a direct lesson. The teachers did not ask many questions to the students and had the students repeating the definitions to the words they were learning. One thing I thought could have been changed would be defining the words. I think the teachers should have spent a little more time explaining the difference between trade and barter. I even had a hard time following what the difference was between the two terms.  Another part of the lesson I really liked was that the group sang the song again at the end of the lesson together to tie up there lesson. This was a great way to close the lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment